- sneha |
- 15 October 2012
The Advertising Club Of Bombay unveils a new and refreshed offering with EFFIE Awards 2012
~ New categories, sharper definitions, expanded judging, paperless judging and more...
Mumbai, October 16, 2012: The Advertising Club has let the cat out of the bag as it sets the stage open, inviting entries for the most coveted event of the Advertising Industry in India. The EFFIE Awards are back and with a bang. This year the celebration only gets better and bigger as India’s most coveted showcase for effective marketing and creative strategies throws open new categories to be celebrated.
While the International EFFIE Awards are hosted every year in New York, since 2001 The Advertising Club Bombay has been organizing the EFFIEs in India. Says Ajay Kakar, Chairperson – EFFIE Committee and the Vice President of The Advertising Club, “For over a decade, the EFFIEs has become the gold standard in measuring marketing and communication effectiveness in India. This is reflected both in the quality and the number of entries which the awards have been attracting every year - a startling increase from 53 in 2001 to 300 in 2011! In fact EFFIEs is the only award that is bestowed on both the client and agency, to jointly celebrate the in-market effectiveness of their campaigns,”
A practice introduced last year, this year too, thought leaders of the industry were invited to share their views and suggestions on how to further enhance the stature of the EFFIE. Basis the discussions and feedback, EFFIE 2012 will:
- Introduce 2 new categories i.e. Direct, in recognition of the Specialist discipline’s ability to give measurable results and Best ongoing campaign, to recognise brands that have made effectiveness a way of life, across years
- Host the Round 1 and 2 judging in Mumbai and Delhi, while inviting coveted jury members from across the country
- See a sharpened definition of categories like Integrated and David vs. Goliath
- Attract specialist Jury members for specialist categories like Direct, Digital and Rural
- Introduce paper-less judging
- Sharply qualify the material that can be submitted in support of the entries
- Marico uncommon Sense Award is an essential part of EFFIES.
- Lenovo has introduced a new Award - Lenovo Tech - Doers Award.
The Advertising Club has not increased the Entry Fee only the service Tax component gets added as a statutory requirement.
The EFFIE is open to all clients and agencies, be they creative, media, digital, DM and PR, to enter their work to demonstrate the effectiveness of their campaigns!
“I am also happy to share with you a strengthened team at our end, committed to taking EFFIES 2012 to even greater highs. Sameer Sathpathy from Marico has come on board as the Co Chairman and N. Rajaram from Airtel as our Anchor, from Delhi. And as always, we enjoy the active guidance of our President, Shashi Sinha and the active support of the Secretariat, led by Bipin Pandit.” adds Kakar.
The Last Day for entries to be submitted is Monday, 5th November, 2012.
The award ceremony event is scheduled to be held in Mumbai, on Wednesday, 4th December, 2012.
In depth details about the EFFIES 2012 are available in the Entry form, which is now up and available on The Advertising Club’s website. The advertising, media and marketing industries are invited to visit http://www.adclubbombay.com or write to the
, for more details.